Monday, April 10, 2017

Ugly Thoughts and Things

"Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or frustrated." - Hebrews 12:3

"This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them." -  Psalm 34:6-7

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will tribulation. But take heart, I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

Dear God,

The ugliness of what is happening in this world, the ugliness coming from the Republican Party with regard to the least of these and healthcare for the disabled is tiresome. It is frustrating. I can choose what to think about. Please help me. Show me Your light and Your love. If I am thinking about last mistakes, help me to move on. Forgive me. And help me to forgive myself. Those ugly thoughts sure do like to sneak up on me! God, You have control. Show Yourself. Intervene on behalf of the least of these. Do not let the republicans throw them off comprehensive insurance plans. Do not let them hurt the least of these.

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment