Sunday, April 2, 2017

Your Shield and Your Shepherd

This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.- II Samuel 22:31

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in oaths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for his sheep." - John 10:11

"I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father, and I lay down my life for the sheep." - John 10:14-15

Dear God, 

You are a shield to those who trust You. You will shield me from danger and fear. You are my Sheoherd. You always watch over me. You will make sure I have everything I need. You are taking care of me. God, please keep close watch over the least of these as those monster republicans yet again attack the ACA, SNAP, and now even social security. There is not a safety net they haven't attacked this year. Please intervene and protect the least of these who rely on those safety nets. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment