Friday, May 5, 2017

With a Thankful Heart

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!" - Psalm 100:4-5

"Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of men! And let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of his deeds in songs of joy!" - Psalm 107:21-22

"So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you." - John 16:22

Dear God, 

I am struggling to see You right now what with this monstrosity the republican monsters unleashed against the least of these with regard to healthcare. How can I sing a song of thanksgiving when I don't even know anymore whether I will live to see another birthday? God, the senate is saying they won't take it up. That they have something else in the works. But I feel lost and hopeless right now. I saw glimpses in my new friend and in my kitten. But that was the extent of it. My heart aches. God, I can't. I feel let down by You today. I thought You cared. I have no words.

Thank You anyway.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment