Thursday, May 25, 2017

Live Bravely!

"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. - Romans 8:15-17

"To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." - I Timothy 1:17

Now Moses was faithful in all God's house as a servant, to testify to the things that were to be spoken later, but Christ is faithful over God's house as a son. And we are his house if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope. - Hebrews 3:5-6

Dear God,

Your Spirit lives in me. I have everything I need to be strong and brave if I only just put my hope in You. Living bravely means doing the right thing even if no one else is. Living bravely is sticking up for those who cannot stick up for themselves. Living bravely is helping and serving others. Living bravely is telling the world about You even if I get made fun of. When I live bravely, you make me even stronger and even more courageous. God, in this politically charged environment in America where the republicans are constantly attacking the least of these on matters of safety nets and healthcare, help to unabashedly stand up for the least of these! 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment