Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Stop, Look, and Listen

"Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!" - Psalm 105:3

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand." - John 10:27-28

And a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is my beloved Son; listen to him." - Mark 9:7

"In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which I is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak." - Ephesians 6:16-20

Other translation focal verse: Pray in the Spirit at all times. Pray with all kinds of prayers, and ask for everything you need. To do this you must aalways be ready. Never give up. Always pray for all God's people. - Ephesians 6:18

Dear God, 

I am stopping right now to talk to You. I am looking for the ways You have already impacted my life for the good. And I am listening for what You want me to do next. God, please intervene on behalf of the least of these in our country. The republicans have unleashed hate and injustice in both the budget and  with regard to healthcare. And they seem to be destructive! So all I can ask is that You intervene. I know that Your words hold what Your heart reflects toward the most vulnerable of people. I know You won't let them suffer at the hands of monsters. I feel so powerless right now and it's scary. So I lay these things at Your feet. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment