Monday, May 15, 2017

Small Troubles?

"For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." - II Corinthians 4:17-18

"Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure." - II Corinthians 11:24-27

Dear God, 

What lessons are You trying to teach me through the suffering of our nation under Trump and the republican monsters who threaten lives every day with their hatred of the least of these who need healthcare? I am not sure I can call that a small trouble. Even though the eternal glory and Your love is still greater, I just don't feel I can call these troubles small. Please intervene on behalf of the least of these. That's all I ask.

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment