Saturday, May 27, 2017

Waiting for Sleep

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning." - Psalm 130:5-6

"As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness." - Psalm 17:15

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21

"The sun shall be no more your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give you light; but the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory." - Isaiah 60:19

Dear God,

Waiting for rest. Rest that never seems to come. Rest that seems impossible to get when your country is in an active battle between good and evil. Rest that seems impossible to get when republicans are attacking the least of these at every turn. God, give me rest. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment