Thursday, May 4, 2017

While You Wait

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God." - Romans 5:1-2

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." - Romans 8:18

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

Dear God, 

I can be happy because of the hope I have of sharing in Your glory. God, hope. Hope. You said that You would care for the least of these. You said those who hurt the least of these will be separated at the time of judgment. God, there is always going to be suffering while we live in a fallen and broken world. There will always be people in need. But here we are in 2017 battling for what the least of these need again. The republicans have shown their wickedness in their monstrosity of what they call a "healthcare" bill and have chosen to go against ALL soundness and educated opinions about the dangers of it. They are on the attack with regard to the least of these and they do not seem to care who they hurt in the process. God, You say You work things together for the good of those who love You. God, I know Your heart based only upon I read about Your heart in the Bible, through the words of Jesus, and I know that what the republicans are trying to do, what they are trying to vote on today is not in line with You or Your teachings. God, we need You to intervene in a HUGE way today. Protect the least of these from the harm that the republicans are trying to inflict on them. God, I am trying so hard to trust You right now but I am faltering. Healthcare became personal for me the minute I realized my medical fragility was great. I used to be younger and thought I was invincible until things struck me. And I came to appreciate and desire the right kind of care for everyone. What we have - insurance - is not working for us, but what the republicans are proposing is just downright dangerous and hateful. So, God, today I ask that Your will be done on earth as it will be done in Heaven, and I ask that You intervene on behalf of the least of these and protect them from all harm that would be inflicted upon them by the republican monsters. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment