Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Psalm 1

The way of the Righteous and the Wicked

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. 

He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; for the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. 

Dear God, 

What would You have me learn from this passage? That the wicked will perish. God, as I reflect upon the promises You have made to those that are the least of these and I see Your heart for them reflected in passage after passage throughout the Scriptures, and as I reflect upon what the republicans are trying to do that would harm the least of these, I do see the wicked nature of the republicans and Trump. And it scares me. I pray again for Your divine intervention on behalf of the least of these. And I humbly bow to You, God, asking that You do have Your way with the wicked people in the Republican Party who attempt to harm the least of these. Deal with their hearts and their souls. Deal with their minds. The wicked are like the chaff that blows on the wind. God, keep my heart soft so it can hear Your voice. 

Thank You. 

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment