Sunday, May 21, 2017

Leave Room for Mystery

"Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nation's, believed on in the world, taken up in glory." - I Timothy 3:16

Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.- Job 1:20-22

"'Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?' Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know." - Job 42:3

Dear God, 

Sometimes I wish I could understand You more so I can trust You even more when we have things that are happening now happen because I cannot fathom why You would unleash the devil on this nation and allow the republicans to turn into the most anti-Christian wicked beings on earth that I have ever seen. When I first started voting, republicans WERE following Jesus. They were all about helping the least of these and had no problems doing so. But when Mr. Obama got elected, they turned into a faction of evil and hate so strong that I had to get out of it. And now they are attacking the least of these left and right threatening to cut the very programs that were established to help them simply because they hated Mr. Obama, an attitude in itself that is completely against everything Jesus taught. Many of them threaten me saying that I cannot be a Christian and not support Trump. I turn and tell them that they cannot be a Christian AND support Trump because Trump has done NOTHING to further the works of Jesus or to reflect Jesus. God, strengthen me because I will need strength. Comfort me because I will need comfort. This is a very long hell on earth we are facing unless You divinely intervene sooner than later. Move in mysterious ways, but always please make sure to protect the least of these, whether it be the safety nets or healthcare. Because God, the one thing that is NOT a mystery is Your heart for the least of these. That Jesus made clear. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment