Friday, January 17, 2014

No Shortcuts

Habakkuk 3:19 - God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments.

John 21:19 - (This he said to show by what kind of death he was to glorify God.) And after saying this he said to him, "Follow me." 

II Corinthians 4:17-18 - For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Dear God, The mountain really is steep. And the path is long and winding. It is scary, and I keep stumbling. My heart is heavy with fear and grief. My energy is low. At times, I feel as though this journey will never end. And it makes me afraid. Please, please help me. Don't let go. In Jesus' Name, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment