Friday, January 17, 2014

No More Boring Days

Psalm 118:24 - This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Phillippians 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7 - Do not worry about anything. But pray and ask God for everything you need. And when you pray, always give thanks. And God's peace will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. The peace that God gives is so great that we cannot understand it. (ICB)

Philippians 4:19 - And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Dear God, You say I am to pray and ask You for everything. And sometimes I wish You would just hurry and be more clear about things too. For I know that based on scripture, we are to aim for restoration with everyone, particularly those who are fellow believers. I know that we are to seek peace with one another, and we are to show grace and love and forgiveness and mercy and tenderness and even at times justice. And as much as I wish I could do that with Tom, he also needs to do the same with me. So I will simply ask this because it is in line with Your word, please bring about a conversation so that these things can be done in accordance to the scripture. I am worried because I don't know what will happen at the presbytery level, but I am going to try really hard to trust You on a level that is next to impossible for me to do that they will form the committee to help get to the bottom of things and maybe even to help truly resolve things. God, I will also ask for clarity of mind as I embark on a big challenge this year along with many others that I may not even know about yet in order to put together a book that will challenge and guide every church in America in the coming months and years. It is a book that I have been thinking about doing for a while, but until recently, I didn't understand just how much it was needed. But in response to The Reason I Jump, it is one that needs to happen. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Don't Worry by Rebecca St. James 

On the corner of Fifth and Broadway
I was walking to the grocery store on Third
I saw a man up on a box
He seemed a little unorthodox 
He was preaching up a storm
As I walked on by he said

Don't worry about your life
Cause if you hold it too close
You'll lose it
Don't worry about your life
So won't you let go
Before it's gone

A little further on I saw a beggar on the street
He asked for change and then gave me his life story
Says he was a millionaire, made some bad decisions there
Now a dollar fifty could feed him for a week
And he said

Don't worry about your life
Cause if you hold it too close
You lose it
Don't worry about your life
So won't you let go
Before it's gone

Then I see the birds 
I watch them fly
They've got everything they need
They show me why I can be free
Knowing You will care for me

Finally at the grocery store
My mind is filled with many thoughts 
As I bump into a girl I knew from high school
She said, "What's different about you girl?"
And I smiled and said, "This is what I know is true
And I'll pass it right along to you"

Don't worry about your life
Cause if you hold it too close you lose it
Don't worry about your life
So won't you let go before it's gone



No comments:

Post a Comment