Thursday, January 2, 2014

Get Ready for the Adventure!

I am going to title this year's posts based on Jesus Calling for Kids titles. Makes sense and won't be difficult to keep track of.

All scriptures quoted will be from the ESV.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

The version quoted in the book: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Romans 12:2 - Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Dear God, how can I trust that Your plans are for my good when people like Tom Patton end up hurting me based on lies and instead of believing the truth and doing what You say to do in the scripture end up spreading those lies and destroying relationships instead of seeking peace and aiming for restoration. Why would he violate Your word and end up hurting me like that? Why would he and his corrupted church hurt me when Your word clearly says that in doing so that they are hurting You? By treating me and my autism as though the autism were a sin, they are actually treating You as a sinner. God, if You truly have my best interest in mind, then You know that the only way I will ever be able to move forward is for there to be a meeting with Tom, so that he and I both have the chance to tell the truth. God, I have a hard time believing that there can be any good in what Tom did to me. It was unnecessary, unjust, unfair, and all based on misunderstanding, misinterpretation, and lies. Soften his heart and bring us together in conversation. I know You know that is the only way that I will be able to have my faith in You restored and I know You know that is the only thing that would be right. Unless Your plans include bringing him to a place of humility by bringing him to greater accountability which may come through higher discipline. But then I would be concerned that that could mean that he will lose his job. Not that that's actually a bad thing should it happen based on his own actions and violations of scripture which have already been quite detrimental, but none of this would be necessary if he would just put aside the politics of the church (which many have said have gone astray) and enter into conversation with me based on scripture where You tell us to seek peace and aim for restoration with one another. Anyway, if I am going to enter into a more honest season, I have to be honest about all of this. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment