Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Will Catch You!

Deuteronomy 33:27 - The eternal God is dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And thrust out the enemy before you and said, Destroy. 

Romans 8:38-39 - For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Dear God, I want to believe that nothing can separate me from Your love, but boy, how some people think that they can tear me away from being able to worship You. Tom and his church leaders sure did a lot of wrong and injustice in what they did and the way they did it. God, I am not ready to take the leap of faith yet. But I am willing to take a few baby steps closer to You. Just DON'T LET GO!! Oh, and God, these next three weeks are going to be filled with a lot of anxiety as I am. OT sure what will happen when the presbytery addresses the complaint against Tom for what he did. I sent them the piece I wrote about everything that I have experienced though at the hands of Tom and the other leaders there. And although the piece has neither been sent to its original addressee yet nor published, it gave me a voice I never had before. God, please don't leave me. And please bring the conversation that needs to happen with Tom. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Step By Step by Rich Mullins (YouTube)

Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You

I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You

I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

No comments:

Post a Comment