Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Don't Look at the Waves

Matthew 14:29-30 - He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." 

Hebrews 12:1-2 - Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Dear God, I am afraid. I am more worried than afraid. I know that at this point in time, it looks like that the only way things with Tom will be dealt with properly will be for the presbytery to do something. It doesn't make it any less painful or scary or uncertain though. What he did was wrong. Period. He has not evidenced repentance for his own role in things and he has caused a lot of real damage not just to me emotionally or relationally, but to others as well. To progress that had been made and that he KNEW existed and was real. God, I am scared. And I feel alone. But I extended more grace than he deserves and gave him every opportunity that I could. So now comes the hard part. I don't even know when the presbytery will meet. All I know is sometime next month. I struggle to trust You because of what he did to me and the way that he did it. I struggle to believe. I want to, but I am too afraid because of the hurt he caused me. Like Peter, I am afraid. Lord, help me! In Jesus's Name, Amen!

Walk On the Water by Britt Nicole (YouTube)

You look around 
And staring back at you
Another wave of doubt
Will it pull you under?
You wonder

What if I'm overtaken?
What if I never make it?
What if no one's there?
Will you hear my prayer?

When you take that first step
Into the unknown
You know that He won't let you go

Chorus:
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities they try to hold to you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all
It takes 
And you can walk on the water too

So get out
And let your fear fall to the ground
No time to waste
Don't wait
Don't you turn around and miss out
On everything you were made for
I know you're not sure
So you play it safe
You try to run away

But when you take that first step
Into the unknown
He won't let you go

Chorus

Bridge:
(Step out)
Even when it's storming
(Step out)
Even when you're broken
(Step out)
Even when your heart is telling you, telling you to give up
(Step out)
When your hope is stolen
You can't see where you're going
You don't have to be afraid

So what are you waiting for?

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment