Friday, January 3, 2014

I Am Bigger Than the World

Psalm 31:19-20 - Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind! In the cover of your presence you hide them from the plots of men; you store them in your shelter from the strife of tongues.

John 16:33 - I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

In the devotional, John 16:33 reads: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Dear God, Did You overcome the problem of churches that choose to punish people who have special needs rather than to actually intentionally minister to and with them? Or of churches who do not follow the Bible? Or of pastoral people who violate scripture? Did you overcome the challenges I have been presented by these things that have happened to me? Did You God? I feel alone and I do not feel Your peace. Because the one person I thought was a friend and whom I thought actually understood things ended up being the one who hurt me the most. He has not shown repentance. He has not shown that he wants any forgiveness. He has not shown that he even deserves it. And he has not even acted in a manner that shows that he even forgives me. God, where are You? And why are You allowing a church, a pastor person, to violate Your word and to hurt people like me? Why are You allowing them to hate people just because they have special needs? Why, God, why? God? Please do something. Please help. Please bring Tom and I into a conversation. Please God. Please. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment