Thursday, January 19, 2017

Safe and Secure

"The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe." - Proverbs 29:25

Other translation: Being afraid of people can get you into trouble. But if you trust the Lord, you will be safe. - Proverbs 29:25

Then the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this that you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate." - Genesis 3:13

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6 

Other translation: Jesus answered, "I am the way. And I am the truth and the life. The only way to the Father is through me." - John 14:6 

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8:31-32 

Focal verse in other translation: "Then you will know the truth. And the truth will make you free." - John 8:32

Dear God, 

You ARE the only one who can keep me safe and secure for all time. So I ask this day, this hour, that You do just that. Keep me safe no secure against the harm the republicans are trying to bring upon those of us who have complex medical needs. I trust You to do that. Because You said You will. God, the devil says we don't You. And that's what worries me about someone like Trump. He says He doesn't need You or forgiveness. He goes around with hate messages. His party acts with such vile hatred. His supporters also act with vile hatred. They bully people like me for standing up for our convictions and the truth. The truth WILL set me free! The truth will keep me from becoming blinded by someone that seems to know how to appeal to the dumb and misguided. Please continue to speak nuggets of truth into my heart and into my mind. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment