Sunday, January 15, 2017

Too Many to Count

"When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul." - Psalm 94:19 

Other translation: "I was very worried. But you comforted me and made me happy." - Psalm 94:19

"So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you." - John 16:22 

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." - Matthew 11:28-29 

Dear God, 

This world has given us many worries this past week, particularly for those of us with complex medical needs that now fear losing insurance access to healthcare again. We need universal care now is what we need. I see problem and troubles everywhere I look, especially in light of the liar-elect coming around the corner. God, I really need Your comfort right now. Help me to remember that You are with me! Help me to remember that You are bigger than all the problems and the worries of this world! Comfort me and bring me joy. Remind me of Your presence, Your peace, and Your love even as I am faced with the worries. Replace my worries with blessings. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment