Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Kind of Hope

Hope is expecting God to keep His promises and knowing that He will.

"God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" - Numbers 23:19

"Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you." - Psalm 33:20-22

Other translation: "So our hope is in the Lord. He is our help, our shield to protect us. We rejoice in him. We trust his holy name. Lord, show your love to us as we put our hope in you." - Psalm 33:20-22

"Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness, in hope of eternal life, which God, who never lies, promised before the ages began and at the proper time manifested in his word through the preaching with which I have been entrusted by the command of God our Savior; To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior." - Titus 1:1-4

Focal verse: "That faith and that knowledge come from our hope for life forever. God promised that life to us before time began, and God does not lie." - Titus 1:2

Dear God,

I want to put my hope in You. Because unlike man, You do not lie. You say You want to give me a happy ending to my story. My story has been anything but happy and I am now in a long battle ahead with the changing of the tides back over to a political party that would be happier if the disabled and the poor did not exist at all. I expect You to keep Your promises to me though. Your promises of continued provision and love and forgiveness. And that is what hoping in You is about - expectation. God, I want to fully let go of myself and fall into Your guiding arms. And I need Your help to do that. I have fallen but I can get back up again with You beside me if You will have me. God, strengthen me. Help me to stand strong in the face of adversity. Give me strength and wisdom when the bullies come at me. Give me peace knowing that at the end of the day I have done all I can do. Don't let me give up.

Thank You God for everything.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen!









No comments:

Post a Comment