Monday, January 9, 2017

Look the Right Way

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." - Philippians 4:8 

Other translation: Continue to think about the things that are good and worthy of praise. Think about the things that are true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected. - Philippians 4:8

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." - John 10:27 

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26

Focal verse, other translation: "May the Lord show you his kindness. May he have mercy on you." - Numbers 6:25

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." - Psalm 16:11

Other translation: You will teach me God's way to live, being with you will fill me with joy. At your right hand I will find pleasure forever. - Pslam 16:11

Dear God, 

I choose not to focus on the Trump catastrophe because Trump is not good or worthy of praise nor is he true or honorable or right or pure or beautiful or respected. He mocked people. He still mocks people. And he lies all the time. I would much rather enjoy beautiful and good things, like my precious kitten, Evie, and the sweet song of a bird. By focusing on the good things, I am encouraged and I will be made stronger in my faith. I will indeed have to deal with those things that are ugly, like the bullies who call people all kinds of horrid names when they have a different opinion and try to shit us up when we stand up against their bullying. But I definitely do not have to keep thinking about those things. I choose to focus on the kind words, the people who are helping others (kudos to Meryl Streep), and Your beautiful creation. You are with me throughout my day through these small things. 

Thank You for retraining my focus.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment