Sunday, January 8, 2017

Build Wisely

"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fel, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it." - Matthew 7:24-27

"Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher, vanity of vanities! All is vanity." - Ecclesiastes 1:2 

Other translation: The Teacher says, "Useless! Useless! Completely useless! All things are useless." - Ecclesiastes 1:2

"He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure." - Psalm 40:2 

"I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken." - Psalm 16:8

Other translation: I keep the Lord before me always. Because he is close by my side I will not be hurt. - Psalm 16:8

Dear God,

I need a strong foundation in my life. God please be my foundation. With You as my foundation, I will not be shaken. Popularity, things, and talents are not forever and are not a good foundation. Like politicians who try to snatch away the safety nets that help the least of these, they have built their houses on sand because they have chosen to not heed Your words. They will crash and burn. You never change and You never leave me. Help me to always keep You before me. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment