Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I Turn Darkness Into Light

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion--to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord that he may be glorified." - Isaiah 61:1-3

Other translation focal verse: The Lord God has put his Spirit in me. This is because he has appointed me to tell the good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort those whose hearts are broken. - Isaiah 61:1

"For you are my lamp, O Lord, and my God lightens my darkness." - II Samuel 22:29

"So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight." - II Corinthians 5:6-7

"But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day." - Proverbs 4:18

Dear God, 

It feels like we have entered a very long and dark time. I am struggling to find any good in what is going on. I'm struggling not to just throw the towel in. You say You are always with me. Please shed some light into things. Help me God. Don't let go of me. Fix things. Fix the broken we are about to have with the republicans being so grossly absorbed on hurting the least of these. I thank You for the help that You will send. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment