Saturday, January 7, 2017

Listening and Loving

"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them." - Deuteronomy 30:19-20

Other translation of focal verse: "Love the Lord your God. Obey him. Stay close to him. He is your life. And he will let you live many years in the land. This is the land he promised to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac and Jacob." - Deuteronomy 30:20

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." - Zephaniah 3:17

"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us." - Psalm 62:8

Dear God,

Help me to listen better to You. Help me to be closer to You. Help me to hear Your song over me. Help me to let You love me more. Help me through the troubled times. Guide me. Hold me close.

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

Quiet You With My Love by Rebecca St. James

No comments:

Post a Comment