Friday, January 27, 2017

The Joy of Hope

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." - Romans 12:12 

"For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, Renee ring you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jeuss Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance I. The saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come." Ephesians 1:15-21

Other translation focal verses: I always pray to the God of our Lord Jesus Christ—to the glorious Father. I pray that he will give you a spirit that will make you wise in the knowledge of God—the knowledge that he has shown you. I pray that you will have greater understanding in your heart. Then you will know the hope that God has chosen to give us. I pray that you will know that the blessings God has promised his holy people are rich and glorious. - Ephesians 1:17-18 

"Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off." - Proverbs 23:18 

Dear God, 

Right now it is not easy to be joyful and sometimes I feel like I am losing all hope. I see a women's march that brings me hope knowing there are women from all walks of life who care about the least of these when it comes to access to healthcare and food and basic needs. Then I see a march in which women claim to be prolife that are merely probirth and support cutting off access to healthcare for the disabled and food for the hungry. The difference in their attitudes and their tones. I used to be what they called prolife until I realized that they were not truly prolife at all. Your hope promises that I am not alone and that I have Your help. But God, why does it seem so slow? The hope You have given me is rich and glorious. But why does it feel it is being dashed with each new day of this republican regime? God, I need You to show up in a huge way. More now than ever. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment