Saturday, July 11, 2015

Worship God Only

Exodus 20:4-6 - "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in heaven above, or that is in water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

II Samuel 22:29 - For you are my lamp, O Lord, and my God lightens my darkness. 

Dear God, help me to not fall into the trap of having anything more valuable than You. Everything from books to music to movies to technology to my furbabies and even my family can easily slip into the idolatry spot. They all need to come second to You and stay second to You. Money, football, sports, food, entertainment, travel, time, all of these things can easily become idols for anyone. Even self can become an idol. I long for more of You and less of worldly things. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment