Thursday, July 16, 2015

Self-Pity

Psalm 40:2-3 - He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. 

Psalm 42:5-6 - Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

Psalm 147:10-11 -  His delight is not in the strength of the horse, nor his pleasure in the legs of a man, but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love. 

Dear God, please help me to not slip into the pit of self-pity. It is yucky down there with muck and mire. Comfort me in my hour of need and remind me that You love me no matter what. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment