Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thank You God

Thank You God for an answered prayer tonight. And for redeeming the relationship.

I was reading Ephesians 4:26. Thinking, well, the sun already went down, now what? Guess I have to wait until tomorrow.

Phone call.

I had entered prayer that my friend could forgive me for being so demanding today. For being, well, mean.

And that's part of what the call was.

My heart rests easier now though because he reassured me what I already knew. I defended him well. No one tries to judge my friends without knowing them personally.

Ah. Turns out I am so much like he is. How we manage to get along, I will never fully understand, but I am not complaining. As long as I know he's there and that he isn't going to give up on me, that's all that matters.

Turns out he really is a pretty good human model of what God is like. I know, God must be a thousand times better them because God is God and my friend is only human. Humans mess up. A lot. I know I sure do. And not just because I have autism, although that may make things exceptionally magnified?!?

But see, today something else happened. I was frustrated with my friend because I felt neglected. Several reasons. But I didn't throw his slips from the jar into a bag like I did Sunday because of some relatively harsh words. I kept them in there because I had hope today that somehow God would redeem the situation of today.

Funny. I guess in some ways I did exactly what my day 10 devotional said to do: trust God even when it isn't easy. So my little teeny tiny trust in God was returned a thousandfold by an answered prayer? By a redeemed relationship? Okay, God. What's the next challenge You can get me through? My trust just grew another size.

No comments:

Post a Comment