Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dealing with Disappointment

I won't say that it's easy because it isn't easy. But maybe instead of being disappointed in another person, we should evaluate ourselves and our expectations.

I made a decision. I cannot undo what led to the decision or even the decision itself. I won't. Because in some ways, I feel I was right. In many ways, what led to the decision, the way I was treated and made to feel, was wrong.

Stubbornness, lack of information and awareness, foolishness all cloud judgment. I got burned. Bad.

But I cannot undo what happened. All I can do is either learn what I can and change or hope they learn what they can and change.

In the meantime, all I can do is move forward. So that's what I'm going to do. New day, new year, clean slate. I'm moving on. You can go with me or you can stay where you are. But I'm not going to let you or anyone else keep me from reaching my potential and taking flight.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment