Monday, January 21, 2013

Days 15-20 Peace That Passes Understanding

I am so behind on my daily reading posts! It was a BUSY week for me!

Overall, the running theme in these six days was peace that passes understanding.

Day 15

God is still present even in our troubles. He will keep us safe and give us peace that passes understanding.

Day 16

Joshua 1:9 - "Be strong and courageous." Stop rehearsing the problems of the day. Matthew 11:28-30 - Go to Jesus and He will give you rest.

Day 17

Philippians 4:6-7 - "Do not worry about anything." God will give us peace that passes understanding. He will take care of all of our needs, big or small.

Day 18

Don't try to take shortcuts to where God is leading you. God will use the difficulties you face to bless you with courage and strength.

Day 19

Seek God.

Philippians 4:7 - "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (ESV)

Day 20

God is in control.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (ESV) Some versions read "plans to prosper you and not to harm you."

Isaiah 55:9-11 - God's ways and thoughts are higher than our ways and thoughts. His words will not return to Him empty and will accomplish what He desires and achieve the purpose for which He sent it.

God, forgive me for my disbelief and my doubt. Forgive me for sometimes letting the circumstances of the day cause me to lose sight of You. Help me to seek You always and to not lose sight of You. And thank You for friends, like Tom, who genuinely care about me and care for me and genuinely want the best for me. Thank You for friends, like Tom, who care enough to redirect me and point me back toward You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

God, please help Tom get through the next few weeks of BUSY-ness. And please, if it's Your will, allow us to have a special time to be able to sit down and talk in person again soon. Thank You for putting him in my life as a friend, and thank You for his willingness to learn what it takes to be friends with an autistic person. Thank You for growing both of us in You and in friendship. Help him to know that he holds a special place and to be more confident that he is doing a great job. Thank You for allowing people, even if only a few right now, to serve as a reflection of Your grace and Your love. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment