Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 7 and 8

Okay I'm sure about thanking God in the middle of a problem! Sometimes when the world seems to be crashing down all around me, the blinders go up. That was the message of day 7 though.

Day 8 hit me as I saw evidences in THREE things: 1. God brought baby Winnie into the world! 2. My fever broke without any medicine. 3. Tom is still there even when I mess up. So if Tom, a HUMAN, is still there even if I mess up, then how much more there is God? But the message of day 8, that God is still with me even when others leave me feeling worthless and alone? It's fresh and painful.

Of the two days, Psalm 46:1 probably stuck out the most.

By the way, I am aware that some people think that the Jesus Calling books border on putting words in Jesus' mouth, but the Bible is the Word of God, and if it takes the Jesus Calling devotionals to help jump start my own personal and daily study of the Bible, does it matter? Essentially, the messages on the pages are an expounded version of what is in that day's scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment