Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Sun

"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he Edwards those who seek him." - Hebrews 11:6

"We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete." - II Corinthians 10:5-6

"And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God." - Colossians 1:9-10

Dear God, 

In order to please You, I must have faith believing that You are real and that you reward those who seek You. Keeping You at the center of my every thought, word, and action IS a challenge though! I must take captive every thought and make it give up and obey You. I need to study Your word to find out pleases You. Please do be the sun of my world and shine in my life. Today, I give You my thoughts about what the republicans are doing to destroy healthcare again. This time in a way that would charge the elderly more and would potentially turn insurance into nothing more than the junk plans that were allowed before the ACA. They have a plan that is far worse than the ACA and is still short of universal care. Today, I give You my thoughts about their proposed cuts to HUD which helps house homeless veterans and disabled people. See, they complain about those of us against the wall and refugee bans not being for veterans yet their own party is cutting programs that help veterans!!! I can care about both the refugee and the veteran and I do care about both. God, help us all the next several months. God, do Your will here. God, prepare our hearts and minds and keep them awake against the devil child Trump. He lies. His party lies. And we need to be alert to the lies so we are not misled. You will know them by their fruit. Rotten fruit is rotten fruit. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment