Saturday, February 4, 2017

Seasons

"For the Lord will not cast off forever, but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of man." - Lamentations 3:31-33

Other translation focal verse: Although the Lord brings sorrow, he also has mercy. His love is great. - Lamentations 3:32

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: ..." - Ecclesiastes 3:1

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26

Other translation focal verse: May the Lord show you his kindness. May he have mercy on you. - Numbers 6:25

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."  - Lamentations 3:22-24

Dear God, 

My life has seasons just as the earth has seasons. But the seasons of my life are harder to predict as they do not necessarily have a calendar marking them. Joy and happiness, sorrow and sadness. There so a right time for everything. Sadness. Seasons of sadness. They stink. They bring me down. But they are the times when I do feel the most discouraged and the most let down. Even when I anticipate they will occur. Help me to look for signs of Your presence when I am hurting. I have seen I the rainbow in the sky that you tend to place when I am going through the season of sadness. Your love and mercy are new every morning. Oh God, I place everything in Your hands right now. You know my needs and my fears and my anxieties and my frustrations. Please fill those areas and take the reins. Please continue to fight for me.

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment