Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Happy Heart

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." - Proverbs 17:22

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39

Dear God, 

A happy heart is like good medicine. I have every reason to be happy because You have defeated the world. Your death on the cross completely conquered every power on this earth and beyond. No one has the power to harm me. Nothing in this whole world will ever be able to separate me from Your love. Sometimes it is difficult to remain happy when faced with the ugliness of what is going on in this world. Help me to always focus on You. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment