Sunday, May 3, 2015

You Cannot Serve Two Masters

Psalm 16:11 - You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at you right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Matthew 6:24 - "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

Ephesians 3:14-17 - For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. 

Revelation 2:4 - "But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first."

Dear God, as I reflect upon Ypur message through these passages, I have to thank You for opening my eyes to the fact that I was being brainwashed when I was a republican. No one can serve two masters. The GOP class this year claims to be Christian, but they are setting about right now to take away from the disabled, take away from the veterans, take away from the elderly, and take away from the poor in general so they can get their rewards from the greedy CEOs that don't pay what they should be paying. They despise the poor (something You make clear is very wrong to do) and they love money. They have forgotten their first love. God, I ask forgiveness for the fact that I was a republican supporter. My life turned upside down when I couldn't complete grad school because I just kept getting sick. It was a fatal blow to my dreams. I have spent the greater part of the last 7-10 years in the hospitals, doctors' offices, and therapies just to try to get to where I am today only to have the GOP threaten my life with their constant attacks on the ACA, the Social Security, the Medicaid, the SNAP, etc. Why? How can these people claim to be Christians yet so willing to throw the poor under the bus? When will they understand that not everyone is poor by choice or by simple laziness? As I prayed the other day, it is not right for me to wish ill will on others, but right now, I honestly wish these lawmakers would have to suffer the agony that so many of us individuals with special needs and our families have had to go through prior to the ACA. At one point, we were worried that my next illness would cause me to be dropped from my insurance or cause us to be homeless. Even just seeing the amounts submitted to the insurance company are still scary. I have been blessed by You God to be allowed the opportunity to finally have real insurance that works for me. I want to strongly believe that You will work things together for my good, but it is hard because the GOP is so loud with their hate lately. They are so determined to ruin people's lives. And they are doing it in Your name! They not only make You look bad, but they make Christians who genuinely love You and do Your work look bad. I thought I had seen it all until this year when the new GOP came right out of the gate determined to destroy the people most in need. Even Wisconsin makes things evil as they basically want to tell food stamp recipients they cannot buy any food or flavoring for food. God, we are not ready for Jesus to come back yet. There is no way. I can either serve You or I can serve others, but I cannot serve both. I will choose to serve You even if it means my life. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment