Sunday, April 12, 2015

Trust God and Do Not Be Afraid

Psalm 61:1-4 - Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.

Isaiah 12:2 - "Behild, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation."

II Corinthians 3:18 - And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Dear God, it is hard not to be afraid. Well, maybe not so much afraid as anxious and troubled. I live in a country where we have a political party that claims to be Christian yet is all too eager to deny people healthcare, food, shelter, and other basic needs because those people are not rich or they are disabled or old. They have caused many people to hate Christians in general because they hear these people claim to be Christians yet do hateful things. But, God, I want to keep trusting and believing You. I know that as long I am provided for that You are at work. So I am going to trust that Your provision will be constant. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment