Saturday, April 18, 2015

Peace is a Continual Gift From God

Exodus 16:15-16 - When the people of Israel saw it, they said to one another, "What is it?" For they did not know what it was. And Moses said to them, "It is the bread that the Lord has given you to eat. This is what the Lord has commanded: 'Gather of it, each one of you, as much as he can eat. You shall each take an omer, according to the number of the persons that each of you has in his tent.'"

Exodus 16:19 - And Moses said to them, "Let no one leave any of it over till the morning."

Philippians 4:5-7 - Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

Hebrews 4:16 - Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 

Dear God, I appreciate the moment by moment peace, but right now I need peace for my anxious thoughts. Everything that could go wrong seems to have gone wrong and the day has just begun. And I am worried about Katie cat. She has a painful bump on her head and the vet does want to see her to evaluate it. She may need it surgically removed and we have to hope that it is benign and not cancerous. I am worried. Between Molly Jean getting old and Katie, I feel like my world would be at a standstill if something happened to one of them. Also my mom. They are all I have now. What would happen to me if something happened to my mom? This is a growing concern on our household due to my autism and the lack of services in my community at large. Calm my fears. Bring some people out that know exactly how to implement programs for special needs adults. And grant me peace today for all the anxious thoughts that I have right now in this moment. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment