Thursday, September 24, 2015

Live First and Foremost in His Presence

Psalm 16:8 - I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. 

Psalm 89:15-16 - Blessed are the people who know the vestal shout, who walk, O Lord, in the light of your face, who exult in your name all the day and in your righteousness are exalted. 

II Peter 1:2 - May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 

Dear God, I am trying so hard to stay my mind on You, but the news I received last night that SNAP could end up shut down for the disabled and the elderly is devastating. God, I know You would never want that to happen because that is not taking care of the least of these, but the republicans have gotten stuck on Planned Parenthood and throwing a tantrum over something that has not actually been happening to start with. Even if what they believe has been happening, is that any reason to shut down government to the point that people lose access to food? God, help us all please. The republicans are abusing Your good name on this one. I turn this over to You. I have no choice. I never asked to be disabled or allergic to so much food that I would need the help of SNAP, but to have it taken away now? Please God, hear my plea. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment