Saturday, September 5, 2015

God Is Your Best Friend As Well As Your King

Isaiah 61:1-3 - The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion–to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of oraise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of  the Lord, that he may be glorified. 

John 15:13-15 - "Greater live has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."

II Corinthians 6:3-10 - We out no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, sleepless nights, hunger; by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love; by truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left; through honor and dishonor, through slander and oraise. We are treated as imposters, and yet are true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as punished, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything. 

Dear God, thank You for being both King and Friend. Thank You for being able to achieve the ultimate balance of peace and adversity, joy and sorrow, beauty from lost lost dreams. Help me to never lose sight of You as I walk the path You have chosen to put me on. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment