Saturday, September 26, 2015

Come to God and Listen!

Isaiah 50:4 - The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. 

Isaiah 55:2-3 - "Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear to me, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David."

Matthew 27:50-51 - And Jesus cried out again in a loud voice and yielded up his spirit. And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 

John 19:30 - When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, "It is finished," and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Dear God, thank You for getting rid of the protocols so I can have access to You freely. Too bad some of our world leaders have so much protocol. As a result of their protocols, they do not actually hear the people they are supposed to be serving. They take their money that is given and shut everyone else out. Our words fall on their deaf ears. God, You do listen. Because You do care and You cannot be bought. I surrender to Your hands the situation in D.C. that threatens to take away access to food for so many of our neediest citizens, including the elderly and the disabled. I pray You work through this to teach people not to assume that everyone in need is just lazy or worthless or low lifes. People are so rude about this situation. They do not understand the economics of it. Please do the right thing and pull through for everyone before people have to suffer needlessly over the GOP temper tantrum. Thank You, God. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment