Saturday, March 25, 2017

Waiting in Hope

"Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield." - Psalm 33:20

And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold I am with you always, to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:18-20

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever." - Psalm 52:8

Dear God,

You are my help and my shield. How am I waiting for You? Am I doing so in a tantrum? Or am I watching to see what You will do? You protect me. You are always ready to help me. All I need to do is ask. God, You did it again yesterday. You answered my prayer. The battle over the healthcare issue for the least of these is not over. The battle for good in our country is not over. But You showed Yourself again in a huge way yesterday. And it was really out of my hands. Advocacy organizations are saying congratulations, you all did this, but I feel that in some ways that I was powerless. And that all I could do was wait and hope for the best. And You did it. Thank You for that. Please keep doing that. The next battle is the budget. The budget of hate from Trump that threatens everything domestic.

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment