Friday, March 10, 2017

I Will Go Before You

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." - Deuteronomy 31:8

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." - Ephesians 3:14-19

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love." - I John 4:18

Dear God, 

You will go before me. You will be with me. I should not be afraid. I should not worry. You love me. You are everywhere all the time. No matter what is going on, You will be with me. I can be brave and bold because You are with me. Fear and worry doesn't belong. Your perfect love takes away fear. Right now, God, I present to You with my fears and worries. The republican monsters are at it again attempting to make healthcare far far worse than the ACA. They want seniors to be charged far more than they already are. They want women to have no care. They want the disabled to have no primary care. And they claim to be doing this in Your name! God, You say You provide. You say You will go before me and be with me. Please show Yourself in a huge way in this matter. Do it not just for me. Do it for the least of these. 

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment