Monday, March 20, 2017

Choose Joy Instead

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." - Philippians 4:4-6

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." - Hebrews 13:8

"Whoever is wise, let him attend to these things; let them consider the steadfast love of the Lord." - Psalm 107:43

Dear God,

Choose joy over complaining. You are the same yesterday, today, and forever. God, grant me more patience when I encounter the evil and the hate in this world. Give me more gentleness and kindness. Help me kill it with kindness. Help me show more love. But also grant me more wisdom to know when I should just shut up and find an exit. Help me to never be afraid to correct someone that is being ignorant and spreading hate for others. But help me to always do so in love. Grant me the capacity to forgive and love like You forgive and love. Thank You for that which You have provided and will continue to provide even though I am unsure of how You will do so right now.

Thank You.

In Jesus' Name, 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment