Friday, May 2, 2014

Let Me Be Your Master

Psalm 16:11 - You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Matthew 6:24 - "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

Ephesians 3:14-19 - For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Revelation 2:4 - But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.

Dear God, in the process of letting You be my first love and my master, I can see where You also are calling me to higher purpose with regard to Tom and to his church by asking me to send them a letter asking to come into a reconciliatory meeting to go through biblical reconciliation. You are asking me to show them YOUR grace and YOUR love. Please make sure their hearts are ready for it. Also, just as the debate on al.com's Facebook regarding the things Kirk Cameron said, help me to always remember that Your Word is true no matter what others may say or believe. You see, I find it ironic that a person is claiming to be born gay and demanding that I respect them all while they are bashing me for believing in what they are calling an "archaic book." Why should I respect them when they don't respect me since respect is a two-way street? I cannot respect them but I can speak respectfully and state my beliefs. Thank You God for choosing to redeem me. Thank You God for choosing to allow the sinners choose to live in sin. Thank You God for demonstrating how You want me to approach the matter through Your words. Your example, not Your words, is what teaches us that we can love the sinner while hating the sin. Your words do say to hate what You hate though, and the only thing You actually hate is sin. But ALL sexual immorality is wrong. It is just that, as Kirk Cameron was trying to point out, that churches have hyperfocused on homosexuality rather than dealing with the other forms that exist as well (premarital sex, adultery, rape, incest, etc.), and that they are evidencing hypocrisy in that hyperfocus. I stand firm when I say that I do not condone any church abusing, bullying, or excluding anyone who is different, if a homosexual wants to attend church, let them. If an autistic wants to attend church, let them. Do not exclude them. The difference being though that autism is NOT a sin or a lifestyle choice whereas homosexuality is. But it is just as wrong to exclude either one of them as it is to exclude the other. Autism is genetic. Homosexuality is not. Thank You God for giving me courage to speak out and honor You and Your Word. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment