Thursday, February 6, 2014

Don't Be Distracted

Psalm 42:11 - Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Dear God, All I ask today is that You prepare the hearts of the people at presbytery who will be determining what needs to be done with regard to Tom Patton and that church. It really does make me sad that he willfully ignore the fact that I was being bullied and abused. And it hurts more that he became a bully and an abuser. It hurts that he believed and spread lies about me. It makes me angry that he has been allowed to just get away with it. It makes me sad that he refuses to seek peace and restoration which reflects on his character more than anything else. If the marks of a true Christian include those two key things, then he is not a Christian and can no longer serve in his capacity. As sad it may make me feel, it is the reality. God, I want to believe that You will work all this out for the good, but it is hard. Tom always said he had my best interest in mind and at heart yet when the time came where that was most needed to be proven and for the most grace to be exercised, he failed miserably. I have been told that if an offense is minor enough to try to overlook it, but what Tom did is nothing minor and it cannot be overlooked and should not be overlooked either. He has to be called under accountability for what he did. They have to be called under accountability for what they did. And I am hoping and praying and struggling to trust that You will make sure they are brought under accountability. That is what would be good, not just for me, but for everyone. Because sadly, it turns out that I really am not the only one who has been hurt or bullied or abused or neglected or adversely impacted by their actions. Many people have been. And sadly, those people, like me, have been accused of many things and been made out to be the sole offender and the bad person when that simply isn't true at all. They have bullies in their midst and those bullies have corrupted them, and a corrupt church is not a church at all. Apparently You do not take kindly to corrupt churches either. But today, I am going to try to refocus and exchange my anxiety for Your peace and Your comfort, okay, God? In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Your Love Never Fails by Newsboys (YouTube)

Nothing can separate
Even if I run away
Your love never fails
I know I still make mistakes
You have new mercy for me everyday
Cause your love never fails

You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night
But joy comes in the morning
And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone here in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails
The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails

You make all things work together for my good
You make all things work together for my good




No comments:

Post a Comment