Monday, February 24, 2014

I Love You

I Corinthians 13:12 - For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

I Corinthians 13:12 (CEV) - Now all we can see of God is like a cloudy picture in a mirror. Later we will see him face to face. We don't everything, but then we will, just as God completely understands us.

Ephesians 3:14-19 - For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Dear God, Love. I struggle with the concept right now. You see Tom kept saying he loved me as a father might love a child, but then when tensions arose, he abandoned me when I needed him the most. He exacerbated an already bad situation and then he failed to show grace and love. Was Tom patient or kind? No. Was he arrogant or rude? Most definitely. Was Tom irritable or resentful? Beyond. Did he rejoice at wrongdoing or with the truth? He rejoiced over wrongdoing because instead of listening to me or talking with me, he believed lies that he then spread and he had already said that the leadership was wrong yet he did NOTHING about it. Did he bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, or endure all things? NO. Love never ends. If love never ends, and a friend truly loves another friend, then when trouble arises, a true friend doesn't just abandon the other one like he did me. God, I pray that You will lead us into a conversation even if it is under the presbytery and lead us through conflict resolution and restoration. Why? Because of grace and love. God give me wisdom. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment