Friday, November 6, 2015

Seek to Please God Above All Else

Psalm 37:4 - Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

John 8:29 - "And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are peoasing to him."

Hebrews 11:5-6 - By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Dear God, as I go through this day or any day, help me to focus on You and on pleasing You. Sometimes pleasing You will mean going against the "norm" and it might mean that I will be called all kinds of horrendous things, but at the end of the day, all that will matter is what You think of me and whether I spent my time pleasing You in my words and deeds. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment