Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Go to God and Rest in His Peace

John 7:38 - "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has card, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"

Ephesians 5:18-21 - And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name o four Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. 

Philippians 4:5-7 - Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus. 

Dear God, thank You for peace and comfort. No, I do not have to try to please others. And that is good because as hard as I try, there will ALWAYS be someone who will not like something I say, something I do, something I wear, or even some other minor thing that is not evident. Pooh pooh to them. At the end of the day, I would rather have spent energy trying to please You. I have had some taxing days of late. Forgive me if I have failed to please You as much during them. And the beauty of relationship with You is that You do forgive. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment