Monday, October 19, 2015

Come to God Defenses Down and Ready to Be Blessed

Exodus 33:14 - And he said to him, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 

I John 1:5-7 - This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 

Dear God, may I be able to get well enough to find a new church that will be loving and accepting, fully accepting, of me and my autism. Church was fine for a while until I was diagnosed and then it was just unpleasant as can be. After the diagnosis, church felt fake because the heart of the matter was corruption present and no one being able to speak up with the truth without fear of being punished. Church should never be punishing. It should be a safe place where everyone from a variety of backgrounds can come together and be honest and truthful with one another and feel loved and accepted. But for so many like me, church is not that place. It does not mean that we have no relationship with You. It just means church has forgotten how to be a CHURCH. Autistics hate facades. We are brutally honest. May I never come to You trying to hide myself. May I always be open and honest with You, especially since You know the deepest parts of me that I do not even know myself. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment