Saturday, October 17, 2015

Anxiety Comes From Lack of Focus

Luke 12:22-26 - And he said to his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have. Neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest?"

Ephesians 3:20-21 - Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Dear God, remind me when my thoughts wander and become anxious that You are still there. Can I add an hour to my life by being anxious? No. If anything, being anxious can actually take hours from my life. Oh, how much more do You care for me than the birds of the air or the flowers of the field, yet you have made it so they are never in need. Are there things to be anxious about? Yes. But how should I respond to those anxieties? By putting my trust in You and placing them in Your hands. Thank You for caring about me. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment