Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Learn to Let Go

Psalm 89:15-16 - Blessed are the people who know the festal shout, who walk, O Lord, in the light of your face, who exult in your name all the day and in your righteousness are exalted.

Isaiah 41:13 - For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you."

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Dear God, I really wish right now that I could rest secure in Your presence, but as You already know the republicans are out the trying to financially hurt the elderly, the poor, the disabled, and the veterans again threatening to strip away at the programs that are designed to help them. They are also yet again threatening to take away their healthcare. And the worst part is that they are doing this and claiming to be Christians. Please remind them about the least of these. God, it is scary really. Because if how they treat the least is how they treat Jesus, then Jesus is being condemned to starve to death, die of cancer or whatever illness befuddles him, be thrown out on the streets, and just keep silent because if he fights back, they will just get uglier. I know because that is what my representative that I did not vote for is willing to do to me. He is serving his rich buddies that can line his fat pocket and claiming that he is doing it because he is a Christian and condemning the rest of us to our deaths just because our circumstances are not of wealth. Their budget plan is so unChristian and so unpatriotic, it is no longer funny. The worst part is somehow they will still survive because they have money, but all the rest of us will be screwed. Oh God, right now, my prized possession is not a person or an animal or anything I can actually hold onto. And yes, I still desire reconciliation but it is up to You to bring that about in due time as You continue to work through me and through that person. Right now my prized possession is the need for security, even if just short term. God, hold my hand and don't let go. Please keep financial provision in my family. Thank You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment